Friday, January 16, 2009

Weigh In...and then some

This morning was my weigh in and I was a little nervous because towards the middle of the week I didn't so well. My family came over Tuesday night and it was my sister's birthday so we had spaghetti for dinner (loaded with calories) and cake and ice cream for her birthday (again, loaded with calories). Wednesday was ok but I did give in to ice cream and late night snacks. So Thursday was my "last chance workout" lol. I had a GREAT day yesterday. All that being said, this morning I weighed in having lost 2 more lbs!! YAY! Not as much as I could have done and not as much as I had hoped for but still a loss! So, a total loss of 9 lbs!! 71 lbs to go!! Woo Hoo! I am excited! I just can't wait to get past that 10 lb loss! I am going to work my butt off the next couple of days to try to get there before Monday!

We are excited about going out to dinner and fellowship with the Thomas Family and the Maw Family tonight. We are going to my "favorite" (sarcasm intended) place, Fiesta. Yum. But, I told Kaye I would live lol. We are definitely looking forward to some good times tonight with some good friends!

I just want to give kudos to my Pastor for a second. His messages lately have been really hitting home with me and have really helped me in this attempt to grow in my relationship with the Lord. I of course, like many others, have fallen so short of doing everything necessary to maintain a growing relationship with Him, but I have been getting a LOT of soul food lately that has been dealing with that. The "Ladder of Faith" study Pastor has been doing the past 2 Wednesday nights have really been an eye-opener. Like he said, there's nothing he preaches that hasn't already been preached, BUT sometimes hearing it again as a reminder AND hearing it in a different way helps you in just the right time. I am thankful to have a praying Pastor and Pastor's wife. They are the best!

I had mentioned earlier about my family coming over.....I had said one of my New Year's Resolutions was to spend more time with my family so we decided to have "Spaghetti Madness" at least once a week with my mom & my sisters. We had our first one this past Tuesday night and we had a BLAST! It was so nice to just sit and talk and eat with them. It was MUCH needed. We are going to be getting together with Eric's family more too. I look forward to that as well.

Well, as soon as I cross over to the 10 lb loss mark, I will update.
Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment