Thursday, January 8, 2009

My first entry....

Well, thanks to my best friend Kaye, I have decided to venture out into the wonderful world of blogging! I debated for several weeks about what I could write about and so have decided. It's a New Year and of course we are surrounded by the persuasion to resolve some matters in our lives and I, like most others, have made some New Year's Resolutions myself. Tradition is what it is and I guess, along with half of America, I will also claim my resolve to LOSE WEIGHT! This gives me a LOT to write about here and to share with others my journey with this struggle of losing weight. I also named a few other "areas of improvement" in my life which include my relationship with the Lord, my marriage, my parenting, housekeeping, and taking better care of myself in general. Yeah, you could say that in "this thing called life" I have not been doing such a good job with the maintenance of all of the above. :)

This is mainly going to be about my weight loss journey, but throughout my blogging, I will update on changes in the other areas as well. I do want to start by saying that my renewed commitment to growing my relationship with the Lord has taken #1 priority and is definitely effecting all the other areas as well. Hmm, God does have a way of taking care of everything else once we put Him first huh? lol

I will, of course, NOT be posting my weight on here but I will be posting the pounds that I lose. I OFFICIALLY started this weight loss journey (again) on 1/2/09. To date I have lost 3 lbs. Not by starvation, vomiting or diet pills but simply by cutting back on food intake and drinking a LOT of water and getting my butt off the couch.

5 years ago I was (gulp) 80 lbs lighter than what I am today. Since getting pregnant I gained a whopping 68 lbs during pregnancy and lost and gained and lost and gained and then in the past year gained back up to a total weight gain, since pre-pregnancy, of 80 lbs! I could vomit just posting that number but I have realized that if there's ever going to be a change, I have GOT to admit reality (as Eric says) and deal with it truthfully! I used to be able to rely on the excuse that I had just had a baby. But, I can't really say that now since I just had a baby....5 years ago in March!!!!! lol

Ok, so with 3 lbs lost I have 77 lbs to go. Please, if you are reading this, say a prayer for me. I have NEVER in my life dealt with this struggle like this and I really want out! I have only been back on my journey for a week now, but I really do feel differently about it this time. I can actually see myself losing the weight this time. Every time before, in my mind, I would never lose the weight. This time, I believe in myself and know that I can do it. I am depending on this blog as well to hold me accountable. :)

Anyway, I will end this book for now....I really think I should write a book. I could definitely go on and on sometimes. But I guess that's just part of being a woman! LOL

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment